If you are visiting Cameron Highlands and looking for a place that has almost everything, then you should visit Cameron Highlands Flora Park. Or CH Flora Park in short.
The new addition of attractions
The CH Flora Park has a lot to offer visitors who want to experience the beautiful nature of Cameron Highlands. It will be a great place to visit especially if you are new here as you get to enjoy the weather while being close to some of the most beautiful flowers and vegetation in Cameron Highlands.
Location and Operating Hours
One thing is for sure, this new addition is a large park. You can drive to the back part of Kea Farm not far from the Rose Center and there is ample parking space around.
Driving into the park is not possible and you need to take the shuttle provided to reach the park. The ride is only about 5 minutes which is interesting as the road is quite bumpy.
Hence, you are advised to hold on to the railings of the pick-up trucks.
Getting here is easy. All you need to do is to Waze in search of Flora Park Parking and you will find the park once you pass the Rose Center’s main entrance.
The CH Flora Park is open daily from 9.00 am until 7.00 pm when it starts to get dark. Do take note that they do charge for parking here.
Entrance Fee to CH Flora Park
From the onset, you can only buy tickets at the entry point which is when the shuttle drops you off. Once you have purchased the ticket, you will almost be at the main entrance of the park which will be your way in.
The entrance fee into CH Flora Park is RM50 per person. Children under 12 years of age can enter at no charge.
The Attractions in CH Flora Park
You will be wildly amazed by the size of the park because it is HUGE! The first thing that you will notice when entering the park is that there is so much to see and 2 hours might not even be enough.
Generally, you can enjoy the sights of the outdoors as well as a lot to offer indoors. At the ticket counter, you will be given a map of the park that will guide you throughout your time here.
Enjoying the view is possible at almost every corner of the park as they have benches all strategically placed for you to just be close to nature.
If you like a cup of tea, go to the Views Café where there will be some pastries and other beverages for you to enjoy while marveling in the spectacular sight. Besides that, you can also:
- Appreciate the petunias – As you enter the park, you will be welcomed by petunias of different shades. This is truly unique and is one of the popular photography spots.
- The Boardwalk – There is a long boardwalk from the petunias to the other flowers leading into the indoor section of the park. The sight here is beautiful and amazing with different colors barricading on both sides.
- Spots to Laze around – The park has many wooden platforms that let you just laze around to enjoy the cool weather or have a mini picnic.
- Take pictures – In fact, take lots and lots of pictures. This is the place that has been designed to be Instagram-worthy and hence you will find a place to take a picture at almost every corner. This includes the giant rope swing mounted in front of some very beautiful pink and white flowers behind and many more.
- Take more pictures – Besides that, you can also find their spiral staircase, glass staircase, ginkgo leaf tunnel and more, all of which will have you snapping away non-stop.
- Ice cream – At the Petunia garden, you will find them selling Puku ice cream, one of the local favorites here. Besides that, you can also try out their other pastries and cookies too.
- Hike up – This is more for those who like hiking and getting to the top of the hill here will be rewarding as you get to enjoy the amazing sight of the horizon below. It can be quite tiring though